I’m on a journey. You are too, I know. But mine just took a craaaaazy turn and landed me face down, spitting dirt. Surprisingly though, the view from here isn’t bad, since looking up is rather mandatory at this point. I have a new life now, not one I asked for, but I’m happy in it and for this new part I’m looking ahead and blogging about it.
One thing you should know, I’m an optimist. (Hush now, all you old friends. I hear your snorts and “uh huh whatevers”.) No really. It’s surprising even to me to discover this about myself, because it is part of the core of who I am to stare straight into the face of truth, no matter how painful, and acknowledge it. But after I’m done staring truth in the face, I have to conclude that no matter what, change is always possible. I think that’s called hope. And I think having hope is called being an optimist. So, I’m an optimist, a determined one. I actually believe that as bad as life can be, it can also be just as wonderful. And that’s really the root of it. I’m addicted to life. I’m addicted to finding beauty in surprising places. And I can’t stop myself from looking for it like a kid trying to find bugs under leaves.
So this is where I'm going to leave some thoughts, talk profusely about my kids in ways I'm sure they will not appreciate when they're older, and where I hope to capture some of life's better moments, like fireflies in a jar.
Friday, May 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment