Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Missing Piece

OR THE CHAIR MAKEOVER

Remember that desk I made for my son's room? Well, you can't have a desk without a chair. It's like bologna without cheese, like shoes without socks, like Chachi without Joannie... you with me? So I headed to the garage sales again and found one I liked. I painted to match and reupholstered with some leftover fabric from the bookcase project and wa la! The finished product...



What a pair..


Then I decided my little picasso needed somewhere to hang all those masterpieces. So I screwed some clothespins to a couple yard sticks (an idea from Ana White's site) and he had his own little display wall.


My son is a happy kid, and even better, a quiet kid creating things in his room. And that alone made it all worth it.

Wishing you a few moments of quiet to your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment