We watched this classic.
Next up, we celebrated Grandpa’s birthday this weekend. We decorated...
and bought an ice cream cake (which despite the awful writing and ill-advised choice of icing color was de-li-cious)…
and surprised him. He’s a low-key guy who didn’t expect us to decorate and buy a cake and surprise him. So it was that much more fun to do it. He loved his homemade presents and was still smiling even after the sticky-kid hugs. Happy Birthday, Grandpa!
To top off the weekend, I bought the kids a pool. I seriously underestimated what was required to get this thing up and running. Armed with my hand pump, I started pumping away. I pumped…
And pumped…
And pumped…
And pumped…
And finished the following afternoon. I now have biceps like Arnold Schwarzenegger. It was boiling hot and after pumping for seemingly days on end, it didn’t matter that my kids had given up on me and left. There was only one thing to do. But first, I should explain that my youngest is now 19 months old and I am a little late in recovering my pre-baby figure. >>> laughing so hard I almost dropped my laptop <<<. That would be an understatement. But my modesty had melted hours ago and I didn't care anymore. Neither did I care that both my neighbors were in their backyards in full view. I took my full-figured self out into the backyard and got my swim on kiddie-pool style. By myself. One thing about going through some tough times in life is you learn what matters and what doesn’t. And on that hellishly-hot afternoon, my neighbor stopped, looked, and froze with his mouth open. Important? Nope. Funny? Oh yeah. I had a good laugh. I was rewarded with water that could have been pumped in from the polar ice cap. It was blissful. I’m still smiling.
Here’s to laughing at yourself.
Soon to come... 4th of July ideas.
And for other “Bits of My Weekend” blog posts, check out Six In The City.
I love family movie nights. I couldn't care less about the movie either. I just like cuddling my family. :)
ReplyDeleteI like the expression, "Learn to laugh at yourself. Everyone else does." I'd have jumped in that kiddie pool too. You go girl!
Kiddie pool image is AWESOME!! Ha hahahahahahahahahahaa.....ahhhh...
ReplyDeleteK, I'll bring my swimsuit. :-)
oh how I love you!! Just finished reading every post on here and realize how much I miss you and conversation with you!!
ReplyDelete