Because I am constantly chasing around four little ones (quite literally chasing most of the time), cooking at my house is an evil necessity. Evil because it takes time. Evil because it doesn't magically appear on demand. Evil because it provides an opportunity for my house to be taken apart piece by piece while I am otherwise distracted in the kitchen.
HOWEVER, this weekend was different. My sister, her husband, and my nephews came in town and it was all the excuse this sandwhiched-out mom needed to make some real food. And boy did we. We started as any good cook does... with someone else making the food. Macaroni Grill for an early lunch (oh Pollo Caprese, you have secured your place in my heart forever). Then we grilled out both nights. Apparently, we couldn't get enough of the word "grill".
I decided to try a new recipe for dessert. I thought I was making a tart, but was fooled completely. On the cover of this month's Southern Living magazine is this mouth watering wonder...

Tart? Oh contrare. It's a shortcake cooked in a tart pan. Seriously, I just would have bought it in the store if I'd known. But it turned out to be worth it in the end. Here's how it turned out...
Yummy. Here's a link to the recipe:
Southern Living's Strawberry-Orange Shortcake Tart
Here's to family and long summers! And to check out other Bits of My Weekend bloggers, go to this blog.
It looks yummy! well done!
ReplyDeleteI would agree the cooking is an "evil necessity." Very cute post!
ReplyDeleteoh my word. I need to eat one of those "tarts" ASAP.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThat looks very yummy!
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteDid I tell you earlier that you were pissing me off and that is not a good thing at all? I am sitting in office and yes I am very hungry, this post makes my mouth watery :@
Regards,
Nicole
Bathroom Store