Monday, July 19, 2010

Bits of My Weekend - Vol. IV

Summer is slowly passing. Someone said, “Can you believe half of July is already gone?” I say, “God’s mercy is great.” Growing up in the land of perpetual summer (Phoenix) taught me one thing… just hide in the pool until it’s over. My family likes that idea too so that’s what we do. And all we did this weekend. And when the cold water in the pool suddenly feels luke warm, we add popsicles… without getting out of the pool. It looks like this…



May your freezer always be full in July.

And to find people who may actually be doing something exciting in July, check out other Bits of My Weekends.

2 comments:

  1. I WISH I could hide in the pool until it's over. :) We have no shade over our pool so it's too hot to swim. People who have never been to Phoenix in July don't get how it can be too hot to swim. I'm sure you understand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, I do understand. I'll never forget one July that reached 121 degrees. The pool felt like a hot bath. Funny how that has stuck in my mind for years. I still stand in the shower under ice cold water in August and am amazed.

    ReplyDelete