Monday, July 26, 2010

Bits of My Weekend - Vol. V

Weekends can be five days long right? Did you say “no”? I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that and talk about the last five days as though they were all a weekend anyway. It all started here...



... at the Charlotte airport. Apparently, I did something right in a past life because I got the best present. There’s a person out there who, without being glib or sarcastic, I can honestly say is one of the most amazing, inspiring, encouraging , and stinkin’ hilarious people I’ve ever met and has remained consistently so through more years than I want to count… Evita. (We are not even going to discuss how she is also gorgeous even after having two kids, because it should be illegal. Not everyone can pull that off. I know I can’t. She can. Whateva. I’ll forgive her for it.) She left her kids at home and came to visit for a couple days of freedom and fun. And it was.

Evita, you should know, is an a-ma-zing cook. If you are ever invited to her home… go. Run, in fact. She made dinner one night that involved chicken curry and basmati rice and homemade chutney. (Excuse me, I started drooling just typing it). I would love to show a picture of it but, as fast as I am, this is all I could get…



We got pampered and ate delicious food and hung out in not one, but three cities in three different states. Aiken in SC, Augusta in GA, and Charlotte in NC. It was hard work but somebody had to do it. My favorite was Amelie's in Charlotte and this place in Augusta...



To see lots of pictures, visit her blog.

We also went to see SALT with Angelina Jolie. Let me say that, years ago, when Alias was on TV, I was a HUGE fan. While the less-than-mind-bending plot may not inspire awe, this movie filled the Alias-sized hole in me. And fueled my workouts for at least a week. (I want to jump up on a wall before laying the smack down like that. Oh yeah. )

In the end, I have to say what everybody always says. I don't do that enough. And I need to do it again. Life should always be that fun. Can I get an amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment