Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Kids Very First Movie EVER!

---I had some technical difficulties and had to remove the pictures that were on this post. Sorry folks.---

This week, the oldest three went to see Toy Story 3... in a movie theatre... their first time in a movie theatre ever! I think I was more excited than they were to take them. My excitement lasted all the way to the concession stand where they told me that one medium popcorn and one medium drink would be $13. I managed to swallow and blink repeatedly until I was sure I wasn't going to pass out. After I was done signing over the deed to my home, we ventured on.

The kids were enthralled by the life-size Alvin, Simon and Theodore chipmunks in the hallway. I had to repeatedly remind them what movie we were there to see. Apparently, Emma got the message because when we sat down and the previews began, every time a new preview started she SHOUTED, "That's not Woody! Where's Woody?!!". Then Olivia said, in a very loud voice, during the first two minutes, "Mommy, when is this movie over?". Perhaps it was her seat. I had not considered that there should be a weight requirement. Here's what my daughters looked like in their seats...

After we were all settled in and early wiggles settled down, it was a success! I had some happy movie goers.

FYI: Toy Story 3 was great! A few suspenseful moments, but overall, great for kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment